Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Homemade "cream of" soup mix

 
Do you like to cook with cream of _____ soup? I did. Loved making casseroles with the stuff.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm slowly adapting to the Clean Eating idea of eating.  I'm down 17 pounds since Thanksgiving.  Yeah, I know, such a small amount of weight and such a long period of time.  But you know what?  This is the 1st time I've been below 200lbs in almost 10 years.
 
Anyway, back to the point.  When I looked at a can of cream of soup, the sodium content alone made me stop using it.  Also, unless you find a really good sale or buy store brand, the stuff ain't cheap. 
 
I saw a few different versions of homemade cream of soup mixes on Pinterest so I thought I'd give it a try.  Here is where I found the recipe I went with.   
 
 

 As you can see I made a few exchanges due to choice and lack of listed ingredients.  The sodium free chicken (and beef) bullion I discovered some time ago is awesome.
  

Throw it all in a bag or airtight container.
 

Conversion.
 

Nice consistancy.
 

 
 
Made my chicken and noodles with it where I would have used Cream of Chicken soup.  The only difference was the lack of all that sodium.  But for my high blood pressure, that's a necessity.  Sorry about the steam effect, lol.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment