Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bread

 
I want to make bread.  I need to make bread.  I've never made bread.  Until now.  I've tried a couple recipes and failed.  I don't have a stand mixer (which I hope to remedy soon) or a bread maker which seems to come in handy when it comes to making bread. 
 
The other day, I made bread.  The recipe I used is here.  I'm not going to list recipe because you can find it in the link, but I will share some pictures.
 
Ingredients
 
 
After mixing and going for 1st rise
 


 After rising for hour and a half


After 2nd rising in loaf pan

 
Baked bread
 

1st slice


1st bite of soft, warm bread with butter.  Success tasted so good!

 
I'm not sure what happened the first couple of times but this recipe worked for me.  Next time I might just skip the honey because I don't really want it sweet which this one was.  Not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just looking for more of a whole wheat sandwich bread.  Come to think of it, this would be a perfect bread for French Toast!  Anyway, bread success!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment