Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Homemade Spaghettios

 
I saw this and knew at once I had to try it.   I loved Spaghettios and Chef Boyardee as a kid and even into adulthood.  I only stopped eating them when I had to watch my sodium.   So when I saw this recipe for Homemade Spaghettios I had to give it a go. 
 
 

Ingredients for sauce.


Sauteing veggies.  This was one of the reasons I wanted to try this recipe.  I was intrigued by the use of veggies in the sauce.


Cute pasta!  Wish I could have found the real rings.


Everything simmering together before blending.


Finished product.  Outcome?  Not Spaghettios.  Tasty?  Yes.  I added some diced chicken instead of the meatballs in the recipe.  Will I make again?  Probably not.  As I thought about the memory of the taste of Spaghettios, I remember the sauce pretty much tasted like Campbell's tomato soup.  I would like to test the theory, but as I said, I have to avoid the sodium so I might try it down the road one day.

Don't let my opinion keep you from trying this.  It would be a great meal for kids I think with the fun pasta and sneaking some veggies in with the sauce.  And making the meatballs in the original recipe would make them fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment