Sunday, June 30, 2013

Baked Bacon

 
 
I hate making bacon.  It splatters when you pan fry it and it never really gets crispy when you nuke it.  Enter baking.  Now the only down side to this is the length of time it takes which is usually about 20-30 minutes.  So if you're making it to eat at the moment, not you best method.  I make a batch for the week so I'm usually doing and cooking other things at the same time anyway.
 
Start with a rack on a foil lined baking sheet.  Trust me on the foil part.
 
 
Place the bacon as close as possible but don't overlap.

 

 I bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  I also like this method because the bacon stays flat which is perfect for a BLT.


 Now you have nice crispy bacon for all your bacon needs.
 

See all that grease in the pan?  If you're so inclined, you can drain it off and save it for whatever you do with bacon grease.  If you're like me and sadly trying to avoid tasty, bad for you things, stick the whole pan in the fridge and roll up and toss the foil after the grease has hardened.  Just make sure you crumple the foil kind of like a little package so if the grease melts you wont have a mess in the trash bag.
 
 
So there you have it, baked bacon!


No comments:

Post a Comment