Friday, April 12, 2013

Yummy Protein Bites

So I've been looking for a granola type recipe that I can make easily.  I've tried 3 or 4 baked and not baked.  I've bypassed this one a few times because I thought, this can't be good.  It's just dates and nuts and seeds and chocolate.  Boy was I wrong.  These are great.  The original poster made them into bars but I found the mix too thick and sticky to do it that way, so I rolled them into balls.  You can find the original recipe here. 
 
 
The only thing I did different was add chia seeds.

 Ingredients
 
Mixed and rolled
 
The hands - very sticky mix but easy to wash off.
 
Yum
 
These are awesome.  I plan on making more versions with a date base and other nuts and seeds.  I'll also add oats and bran in the future. They have also stayed in an airtight container in the fridge for more than a week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment